WAP Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

trinitygroup - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* trinitygroup > Topics

Subject: What is trinity!
Replies: 11 Views: 1495

463 28.05.10 - 08:48pm
The word trinity is a term used to denote the christian doctrine that god exists as a unity of three distinct persons; father, son, and holy spirit. Each of the persons is distinct from the other, yet identical in essence. In other words, each is fully divine in nature, but each is not the totality of the other persons of the trinity. Each as a will, loves, and says I and you when speaking. The FATHER IS NOT THE SAME AS THE SON, AND THE SON IS NOT THE SAME AS THE HOLY SPIRIT *

463 28.05.10 - 08:59pm
The holy spirit is not the same as the father. Each is divine, yet there are not three gods, but one GOD. There are three individual subsistences, or persons. The word subsistence means something that has a real existence. The word person denotes individuality and self awareness. *

463 28.05.10 - 09:06pm
The word trinity is not found in the bible. But this does not mean that the concept is not taught there. The word bible is not found in the bible either, but we use it anyway. The word omni-present (present every where) is not found in the bible, but we use it to describe God. *

unquiet1 28.05.10 - 09:59pm
wot does 'but each is not the totality of the other persons of the trinity.' mean...? *

463 28.05.10 - 10:15pm
This mean that they are not the same. *

unquiet1 28.05.10 - 11:03pm
the Catholic Encyclopedia says

''... in this Trinity... the Persons are co-eternal and co-equal:...''
this is a little confusing as other trinitarians say they not the same *

unquiet1 22.12.10 - 08:16am
dude! the bible was not put together until quite a few yrs after it had been written. the books were in different scrolls. and then later the scrolls were put together and called the bible. the words scroll is found everywhere in the scrolls(the bible). so trying to justify the word trinity not being in the bible by saying the word bible isnt there... you're twisting things for the bible was scrolls and im sure you have come across the word scrolls in the bible *

ogundara 1.05.11 - 10:41pm
@unquiet, I want you to share your own belief with me the I can know your own perspective to the issue so that we can have a godly edifying conversation rather than debate that will build but lead to strife and contention. Okay Brother? *

unquiet1 8.05.11 - 08:13pm
The Creator The true God has given himself a personal name - Jehovah (or Yahweh, as used in the Roman Catholic Jerusalem Bible and preferred by some modern-day scholars)... that distinguishes him from false gods. (Psalm 83:18)

The Hebrew form of the divine name appears some 7,000 times in the original text of the Scriptures. Stressing the importance of that name, Jesus said in his model prayer: ''Hallowed be thy name.'' (Matthew 6:9, King James Version) God rightly demands exclusive devotion. thats why, Jesus said: ''It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.'' in Matthew 4:10. and thats why i use no icons or images in my worship. (see 1 John 5:21). *

unquiet1 8.05.11 - 08:17pm
Jesus Christ He is the Savior, ''the Son of God,'' and ''the firstborn of all creation.'' (John 1:34; Colossians 1:15; Acts 5:31) As a created being, he is not part of a Trinity. ''The Father is greater than I am,'' said Jesus. (John 14:28) Jesus lived in heaven before coming to earth, and after his sacrificial death and resurrection, he returned to heaven. ''No one comes to the Father except through [him].''(John 14:6). *

bambaata 1.07.11 - 03:41pm
3 in 1, 1 in 3??? I neva understand the meaning of trinity and i don't know why catholic church and elses teach such thing. God talked to Moses and said I am that i am. Jesus said my father is greater than i. And i also don't know where such word is found in holy book. To my understanding God is God, Jesus is Jesus, and when Christ came down on earth it was standing on Jesus. Jesus is the owner. He's the light of the world. Then Jesus (his bones and flesh transcended) gone back to God's Kingdom. But a part of Christ still on to save human kind *

leonado1 14.05.12 - 09:29pm
Ever since then people have failed to realize that there is just one God with three offices or manifestations. They know there is one God according to Scripture, but they try to make it the fantastic theory that God is like a bunch of grapes; three persons with the same Divinity shared equally by all. But it plainly says here in Revelation that Jesus is That Which Is, That Which Was, and That Which Is to Come. He is the Alpha and Omega, which means that He is the A to Z or THE ALL OF IT. He is everythingthe Almighty. He is the Rose of Sharon, the Lily of the Valley, the Bright and Morning Star, the Righteous Branch, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. He is God, Almighty God. ONE GOD.[71] *

* trinitygroup Forum

Search:
topics replies

* trinitygroup

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search