WAP Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

trinitygroup - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* trinitygroup > Topics

Subject: Could God be tempted....?
Replies: 13 Views: 1219

unquiet1 28.05.10 - 03:57pm
at matthew 4 Jesus is spoken of as being tempted by the devil. after showing Jesus ''all the kingdoms of the world and their glory'' Satan said: ''all these things i will give you if you fall down and do an act of worship to me'' (matthew 4:8,9). Satan was trying to cause Jesus to be disloyal to God.

but wot test of loyalty would that be if Jesus was God....?

Could God rebel against himself....?

NO! *

unquiet1 28.05.10 - 04:02pm
but angels and humans could rebel against God and did. the temptation of Jesus would make sense only if he was, not God, but a separate individual who had his own free will.

someone who could have been disloyal had he chosen to be, such as humans and angels. *

unquiet1 28.05.10 - 04:07pm
on the other hand, it is unimaginable that God could sin and be disloyal to himself.

''perfect is his activity... a God of faithfullness... righteous and upright is he.'' (deuteronomy 32:4) *

unquiet1 28.05.10 - 04:13pm
so if Jesus had been God, he could not have been tempted look at wot James 1:13. *

unquiet1 28.05.10 - 04:21pm
not being God, Jesus could have been disloyal (like adam who was also fully human)(Jesus is called the last adam) . but he remained faithful, saying: '' go away satan! for it is written, 'it is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service''' (matthew 4:10) *

bambaata 2.07.11 - 01:05pm
Unquiet1 why Jesus is called the last adam? Where did you get this info? *

unquiet1 2.07.11 - 11:42pm
mate, i get all my info from the Bible, and if you look at 1st Corinthians close, Paul recognizes an interesting parallel, and a contrast, between Adam and Jesus.

Adam was created immortal a perfect human and sinless.
have a look at 1 Corinthians 15:21, 22 'For since death is through a man(Adam), resurrection of the dead is also through a man(Jesus). 22 For just as in Adam all are dying, so also in the Christ all will be made alive.'

just like Adam, Jesus had no human father. but wot Paul was saying there just as through our 1st father(Adam) we all die.... through our eternal father(Jesus, see Isaiah 9:6) we can have life.

later Paul even calls Jesus the last Adam.

read 1 Corinthians 15:45. it says...

''It is even so written: 'The first man Adam became a living soul.' The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.'' *

unquiet1 3.07.11 - 12:02am
those 2 scriptures also harmonize with Jesus being a perfect MAN. since Adam was a MAN and lost perfect life for us. it had to be a perfect MAN who would give up his life to redeem mankind. it wouldnt be a perfect balance if Jesus was God. the 1st Adam was a perfect human and so the last Adam had to be a perfect human as well.

basboy 6.11.11 - 09:56pm
unquiet GOD can be tempted but not in evil.Now jesus was tempted cos he has not been glorified(death & ressurection),ok? *

basboy 6.11.11 - 10:07pm
concer'n tempt'n GOD,solmon temptd GOD by offer'n over 1000 burnt offerings wich moved GOD 2 ask him,ask what i'll giv u *

unquiet1 7.11.11 - 08:40am
the bible says: When tempted, no one should say, ''God is tempting me.'' For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone;(James 1:13, NIV) ....
the point of James' thought is that God does not tempt us with evil (to sin) nor can He be tempted by evil and sin.
but wot was Satan doing in Matthew 4? was he not tempting Jesus with sin?
did you read from the start of this topic? *

way2go 17.11.11 - 11:00pm
basboy,does God have a God to serve and worship? If so, then THAT God is THE God. Think, Jesus said in prayer that the ''Father'' is ''the only true God'',in John 17:3. After his resurrection,he tells Mary Magdalene to go and tell his brethren that he would ''ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to MY GOD, and your God.'' in John 20:17. *

way2go 17.11.11 - 11:21pm
In Revelation,the resurrected Jesus speaks to John in vision where instructions are given to the 7 churches. In chapter 3:12, Jesus says ''my God'' 4 times,refering to his Father. KJV. God does not have a God. God is JEHOVAH - Psalm 83:18, Exodus 6:3.KJV. As for ''I am'' in John 8:58, Jesus is saying he existed before Abraham, not that he is God,the ''I AM'' in Exodus 3:14 rendered that way by the KJV. That is incorrect and trinitarian bias when translating both scriptures. Other translations render more correctly at John 8:58, ie. ''before Abraham was,I existed'' or ''I have been.'' *

* trinitygroup Forum

Search:
topics replies

* trinitygroup

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search