WAP Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

trinitygroup - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* trinitygroup > Topics

Subject: Rev.1:17 and 22:13
Replies: 7 Views: 942

may2011 28.04.10 - 08:14am
''Fear not; I am the first and the last...I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. '' Only God himself can make such claims. How can even an archangel claim to be the first and the last? Only God. *

unquiet1 5.06.10 - 10:39am
wot??! why are you twisting the scriptures??

revelation 1:17 of king james reads:
''and when i saw him i fell at his feet as dead. and he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, fear not; i am the first and the last.'' *

unquiet1 5.06.10 - 10:51am
alpha and omega is in revelation 22:13 and it is Jehovah God who addresses the readers of Revelation there. in revelation 1:17 it is Jesus who is speaking.

dont put the two scriptures together and try twist things. *

unquiet1 5.06.10 - 11:10am
look at revelation 1:17 again

''and when i saw him i fell at his feet as dead. and he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, fear not; i am the first and the last.''

''the first and the last'' this is wot confuses you, making you think that Jesus is God right....?.
look, in isaiah 44:6 Jehovah rightly describes his own position as the one and only almighty God, saying

''i am the first and i am the last and besides me there is no God''

when Jesus presents himself by the title 'the first and the last' he's not claiming equality to Jehovah, the Grand Creator. he is using the title put on him by God.

*in the original hebrew at isaiah 44:6 there is no definite article with the words 'first' and 'last', whereas in Jesus description of himself in the original greek at Revelation 1:17 the definate article is there. grammatically, revelation 1:17 indicates a title, whereas isaiah 44:6 describes Jehovah's Godship *

unquiet1 5.06.10 - 11:14am
in isaiah, Jehovah was making a statement about his unique position as the true God. he is God eternal, and besides him there is no God.

in revelation, Jesus is talking about his given title, calling attention to his unique resurrection. *

unquiet1 5.06.10 - 11:21am
Jesus was indeed 'the first' human to be resurrected to immortal spirit life(colossians 1:18).
moreover, he is 'the last' to be so resurrected by Jehovah personally.
therefor he becomes ''the living one. . . living forever and ever.''(verse18) he enjoys immortality. in this, he is like his immortal Father, who is called ''the living God''(revelation 7:2 and psalm 42:2)

for all other humans, Jesus himself is ''the resurrection and the life'' (john 11:25) *

unquiet1 5.06.10 - 11:28am
this goes in harmony with wot he also says to John in verse 18:
''i became dead, but, look! i am living forever and ever, and i have the keys of death and of Hades''

Jehovah has given him the authority to resurrect the dead. that is why Jesus can say that he has the keys to unlock the gates for those bound by death and Hades. (compare with matthew 16:18) *

unquiet1 5.06.10 - 11:47am
revelation can be confusing thats why you need to study the the bible all the time to be able to understand the revelation to john and not get lost.

now looking back at revelation 22:13. it says
''i am the alpha and the omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end''

also look at revelation 1:8
'''i am the alpha and the omega,'' says the lord God,''

Jehovah himself only speaks 3 times in revelation and these are 2 of the scriptures.

first century christians would quickly have recognised alpha and omega as the first and the last letters of the greek alphabet. Jehovah's calling himself by those two letters stresses that befor him there was no almighty God, and there will be none after him.

and then once again in 22:13 Jehovah God emphasizes his eternal sovereignty and the fact that wot he first purposes he will at last perform. *

* trinitygroup Forum

Search:
topics replies

* trinitygroup

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search